- Arabica is the first species of coffee to be cultivated in the world which was firstly grown in southwest Arabia that have made it known as coffee shrub of Arabia.
- 75-80% production of coffee across the world is coffee Arabica which is most widely grown coffee beans which contains less caffeine compared to any other coffee species cultivated across the world.
- Arabica contains 1.2% caffeine.
- Arabica leaves are simple, opposite, elliptic having length of 6-12 cm and width of 4-8 cm having dark and glossy green color. Arabica flowers are of white color moreover the fruit of coffee are bright red to purple color of 10-15 mm diameter red to purple color contains two coffee seeds.
- Flavor of Arabica coffee depends on region and it contains other aromas blended together.
- The plant can tolerate low temperatures, but not frost, and does best with an average temperature between 15 and 24 °C.
- Arabica takes about seven years to mature fully.
- Each tree can produce from 0.5 to 5.0 kg of dried beans
- Robusta is the second most cultivated coffee beans in the world grown in central and western sub-Saharan Africa where it is known as conilon after that Vietnam is country which cultivate the Robusta coffee beans.
- As the name says, Robusta beans are more robust than the other main type of coffee bean, Arabica, and can be grown at low or high altitudes.
- 20% production of coffee across the world is coffee Robusta which contains more caffeine compared to Arabica.
- Robusta contains 2.7% caffeine.
- Robusta was known about 100 years after coffee Arabica.
- Robusta beans produce a strong, full bodied coffee which is having bitterness than Arabica.
- Robusta flowers takes 10-11 months for cherries to get ripen which have oval shaped beans.
- Robusta coffee beans deliver twice the amount of caffeine compared to Arabica coffee beans
- Amount of caffeine given by Robusta coffee is twice the amount of caffeine to Arabica coffee beans.
- Robusta beans tend to be smaller than Arabica beans and are darker in color.
- Kona is rarest types of produced coffee in the world which get cultivated in the north and south Kona districts of the big island Hawaii.
- Coffee that belongs to Kona district is only known as “Kona” and that only makes it more Expensive among the all coffee species.
- Kona having highest amount of caffeine which holds rich aroma that can be enjoyed in its pure form.
- Kona coffee beans are grown under sunny weather in morning, rainy weather in afternoon and quite windy and mild weather in night.
- Kona blend is not a combination of types of Kona coffee but it’s a blend of Colombian, Brazilian and any other foreign coffees. This holds only 10 % Kona and 90 % cheaper imported beans.
Here are the regions where each is grown. r = robusta, a = arabica, m = both.
Coffee gets discovered by Ethiopian goat herder who noticed that goats were making crazy, discovery was accidental only.
| || |
Coffee is Psychoactive it means if you exceed some limits, high doses can make you see things unusual. That can be fatal also!!!
Number of cup of coffee can be poisonous.
| || |
Have given essential consideration to the Espresso and it is regulated by Italian government.
Voltaire was a Philosopher who said that to have drunk 50 cups of coffee a day just because he ruled.
| || |
State who only grows coffee commercially.
This what would really surprised you that there was only one way a woman could get divorced is that if her husband didn't provide enough coffee!!!
| || |
How webcam have concern to coffee!! Well the first webcam was invented at the place university of Cambridge just because to let people know if the pot of coffee was full or not!!!
Yes spa , In Japan there is a spa that lets you bath in coffee , tea or wine !! I would not drink though :p.
| || |
Coffee has taken a place of Beer in US when it comes across to them!!! to edit.
Well name not matter but the fact will. This is the person who was the greatest coffee drinker. Who was consuming a gallon a day!! This is not recommendable.
Painting made from Coffee beans
coffee beans used by Russians to accomplish the giant painting that is registered in Russia’s world record book as biggest coffee art.
Berries with coffee beans
degassing coffee bag
| |We not just love coffee, we need coffee. In the morning, what we are looking for is liveliness and stimulation right? Then what hit at that time in your mind is no doubt Coffee. If you are then have it and go further with rejoice. It will definitely get you back from distraction later in the day. Morning is not only the limitation for coffee lovers and indeed working people. It’s always being a beneficial choice to make up break during work as well during commute, pursuing coffee is not at all bad idea.
Have you ever think that how coffee comes out? Almost the answer would be NO. Never mind this information will convert your answer to YES.
Coffee beans are not actually grown. Coffee beans are comes out of one type of Fruit named Berry. It is Green when it is unripe and it turns to red when it’s ripened. But all berries are harvested at once regardless of ripeness by person or machine. Further on they are sorted by ripeness , color and most often the soft tissues of the berry is detached, and the seeds are fermented to remove the greasy layer of mucilage still present on the seed. The seeds are washed with huge quantities of fresh water to take away the fermentation remains. At last the seeds are dried by various methods depends upon what they select. More often drying coffee is using drying table method.
In next step green coffee goes under roasting process that influences the taste by changing the coffee bean physically and chemically. Moreover strength of the coffee relies on density of bean that may also influence the needs for packaging. At 200 °C (392 °F) actual roasting may occurs. That time it’s very known to all that starches break down due to intense heat which leads to caramelization in beans and at the one point of temp sucrose gone astray and turns entirely in darker roasts. at205 °C (401 °F), other oils start to develop, one of these oils, caffeol is mainly responsible for aroma and flavor of coffee.
Ending and most major process is packaging the coffee beans. These beans must be stored properly as ecological factors such as air, moisture, heat and light can deteriorate flavor of coffee beans. Folded-over bags which consumers are commonly use to purchase a coffee are not so ideal for long term storage of coffee as that allows air to enter , oxygen is also a major factor in deteriorate the aroma. So what helps to prevent deteriorate aroma? Answer is better sacs de cafe
(coffee bags). Coffee bags which contains a one-way valve, prevents air from entering more over degassing valve in order to eliminate the CO2 gas which is liberated after roasting. Tin- tied coffee bags are the most excellent to use while travelling. On the other hand, burlap sacs de café
(coffee bags) are bigger that holds the coffee during shipping from one place to another.